Friday, July 31, 2009

My strength comes from the river



LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! thats all I have left...it's a blessing and a curse, and I'm changing my mind every hour if I'm ready to leave or not. This weekend will prove to be another busy one with the SoNo arts fest, Opening Night for How the Other Half Loves, Prosecco on the Patio, and the symposium with Howard Sherman, the executive director of the American Theatre Wing. I've always wanted to accomplish two things: be an actor and run the tony awards. I cannot believe that I have a personal meeting on sunday with Mr. Sherman, who does exactly that! As the head of the ATW he oversees connections with the broadway league, all the broadway theatres, and the tony awards. This internship has afforded me amazing opportunities...it just seems too good to be true.
The past few weeks have been ridiculous. We finished up the Westport Arts fest, planned valentine's day on aug 14th and got the invitation out, and tried to tie up loose projects before I leave. I also got to go to the Trevor Hall concert which was AMAZING!!!! and I was able to spend the weekend with one of my best friends and roommate JD. We skipped the touristy stuff in NYC and went straight into the heart of greenwich village. It seemed so removed from what everyone things nyc is suppose to be like and it was so refreshing. 
I am still struggling with a few details concerning my schedule next year, my "vegetarianism" (it's been an uphill battle), and above all my faith in Christ. I know he has allowed all of this summer to play out exactly as He wants it for me, and I am seeing things in a whole other light. I love Westport and the Playhouse, but I cannot cannot CANNOT! wait to drive back to Mooresville with my dad and go to Sharon's wedding on the 15th! 13 days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment