
After being here enough time to get settled in and comfortable at work, I'm starting to actually get going on my internship. I've had tons of jobs already it seems, from researching long term endowment/legacy programs and how to market them, updating the playhouse facebook page (which is totally weird because no one knows it me ha!), selling tickets and inputting donor gifts and data. However, my main project in the marketing side of my internship is planning a young professionals night for tick, tick....BOOM! I'm trying to get around 50-70 people to come, but I've been pretty disheartened lately from the lack of responses I've gotten. However, my event ideas for the third show of my time here, How the Other Half Loves, was labeled a success and I'm excited that theatre is considering going forth with them!
I still cannot believe the people that this playhouse has seen walk through the doors, acted on this stage, or even just randomly come into the green room for some tea (supposedly that was Christopher Walken looking for green tea). Angela Lansbury was at the gala last year, and the conversations about who they want to get this year is crazy! (but confidential of course :) )
I'm so proud that I was able to get this opportunity to work here, and I've already learned so much about the theatre. I really believe God put me here to prepare me for what awaits me after college if I work hard enough.
The other interns are hilarious, crazy, odd, and definite mix of theatre kids. We live in two different houses with five girls in mine and two boys and four girls in the other house. The other house is closer to the beach, but was left in horrendous condition. Ours is three stories
tall, has a stained glass window, and is the epitome of cute. I really did luck out...plus the beach is only 5 minutes away!
I will update more as time passes to not only help me keep track of this summer, but for family and friends. If there is one gigantic downside to this summer, it would be how far away my family and sorority sisters are. I have never felt so torn to leave not only my siblings and parents, but Alpha Chi Omega for such a long time. I pray that Christ allows me to become even more connected to them during my time away.
0 comments:
Post a Comment