Saturday, June 13, 2009

Theatre, Theatre, all around

So I technically have the day off, although I will be working prop strike tonight. Tomorrow the playhouse is doing a reading of a new musical, so I'm going to be bartending with some of the staff. The event is invitation only for donors and board members, so it will be cool to meet everybody who is responsible for keeping the playhouse going, fiscally at least. I've never been really interested in props or considered it a huge draw to me technically, but tonight I will be working with those who find it their true passion; similar to how I view acting. It takes so much research and knowledge to do props and I guess you need a touch of dramaturgy to really be good at it. 
Today has been spent doing laundry, and just bustling around Fairfield. We're watching Midsummer Night's Dream which any tie to Shakespeare makes my day! We also found the best place for fountain bevs: the clean and friendly people at Cumberland farms stay open all night long, any size bev or slushie for 79 cents and any size coffee for 99 cents.
perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment