Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm doing this for love


It's been a stressful day in Connecticut...work was tedious and a typical monday, my new iPod wigged out, and I made french toast but then realized the bread was moldy. As a result, I'm frustrated, tired, and disenchanted with the beautiful east coast sky as it only seems to deliver rain as of lately.  These days I wish I was sitting home with Dana in Mooresville and laughing at Lassie being old and senile...but I'm on my way to adulthood now I guess. This not only includes putting my theatre career ahead of stupid kid stuff, but learning how to cook efficiently, keeping God present, and not getting too overwhelmed. I am alot more homesick then I thought I was, but I know this is how everything is suppose to fall together. I have never wanted more to be an actor and work in this industry then this Sunday when I was working the donor event at the playhouse. There was a reading of a new musical and I even met Joanne Woodward, which was amazing. Because I cannot experience it, I long to perform. However, I love what I am learning and definitely feel as if I've picked an amazing field to go into.

Lessons learned so far:

1.Donations are both philanthropic and business transactions
2.Planned giving programs should be marketed towards those who annually donate, mostly between the ages of 45-60, and the "Depression babies" are less likely to contribute due to a conservative mindset
3. Marketing theatre to those in the mid 20s to mid 30s range is difficult because most think that performances are expensive, a hassle to attend, and outdated
4. recyclable grocery bags save time and money
5. McDonalds in CT is not worth it because it is just as expensive as Senor Salsa and their burritos and quesadillas can not only be split into two meals, but they are also made fresh.
6. BIKE HELMETS ARE NECESSARY. no bike helmets = black eyes
7. if you say you're the youngest of five, people think your mom must be an alcoholic. (she's not.)

on a better note, row B tickets to Trevor Hall have made my day. I cannot wait for July 29th! Also Kurt graduates from basic training on thursday and I am so proud of him :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment