survived the past two weeks!! With the eblasts for both of my events going out, Taste of Tuesdays (And handling 300 reservations with the staff), cancelled shows, opening nights, etc. I am exhausted. Everything is going by so fast. To begin, Taste of Tuesdays is this event that the playhouse started to up audiences on the first preview night. For $25 you can come before the show and enjoy wine tasting and Hors d'œuvres and then have a ticket to the show. I was a bit frazzled while working the event, but it was alot less hectic after the musicians started playing and people arrived. We're going forward on family night and young pros party, and I really hope they do well! Also, I get to write a grant for the playhouse!! I'm so excited because I need the experience and I love it. Opening night for tick,tick...BOOM! was last night, and we were all nervous because we had to cancel a show due to one of the actors losing his voice. The understudy went on for him on Thursday and the main was able to perform Friday and Saturday. It went well, and Tawni and I danced and guarded the cast food with our lives (and ate tons of it.)On another note, things are getting alot better in regards to me getting used to Fairfield County. The weather is finally looking up and we've been able to go to the beach. I still can't get over the fact that we have water so close! Also, I got to go into the city and see Amanda which was AMAZING because we talked all about our internships, next fall, and the house. We were both so happy to see a familiar face. Amanda and I have always said we would one day be walking together in New York City and here we were! it was wonderful. I'm excited for this next month and although I miss my family and friends, I'm just happy knowing they support me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment