Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SOLD OUT!


So I went in an hour early today to get some work done...little did I know that my work was already cut out for me. A total of 35 emails and 15 voicemails later, We went from 21 reservations for family night tomorrow evening to a total of 96! I was so proud of all of the work that Angela, Jenn, Beth, and I did. We figured we would be happy to have around 40 families. However, the total influx of reservations came with a price: I was literally running around the offices like mad to try and keep up. I would have three people on hold while trying to take credit card numbers to pay for tickets, running to my bosses to see if they can open more seats as we kept getting more calls, running up the back stairs to the box office every two seconds to see walk ups and to print off receipts. My batch alone was a total of $650! We ran into a few problems with customers, including one that actually called the MANAGING DIRECTOR to complain that I (yes, she referred to me by name) had not answered her calls on the day when the offices were closed. Ludicrous! I was frazzled all day, but so so so happy we sold so well! I even got to go to Dunkin' Donuts with another intern to get iced coffee. It really did make for a good day looking back on it.
Even better, the Young Professionals Party that I mentioned earlier is my huge "Test" for the summer went up to 68 reservations and still counting! I was nervous we would barely scrap 30! Prayers and hard work gets answered. I remember being a bit hesitant about this internship because of the focus in special events; I really want to learn about planning them but I barely had any experience. I was skeptical that I would be a big disappointment. I am in such a nurturing learning environment and because I've given such responsibilities, I've learned how to go about things differently. I am so happy I'm at Westport!
On my way home my ipod turned on one of my favorite Trevor Hall songs (I know he keeps coming up in my blogs, but whatever) "To Zion". I love this song and the last lyric of it is:

This love it ain't hopeless/
It's no hocus pocus

I know Trev probably means something else, but I felt like it was really applicable to today. It's not rocket science: if you are passionate about what you do, experienced or not, you will succeed with hard work. My love for acting and arts admin has been tested alot lately. I've been wondering if I'm really cut out for this field, and I know more than ever that perseverance can trump experience.

 My picture for the blog is dedicated to Kaely, Katelynn, and Stac, obviously. These three will believe in me until the end, just like my family. Also, props to my own mom for keeping my sane so far from home. I don't know how she does it, but she can always keep me going. Till next time and rejoice in Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment